Happy Independence Day
We had a fun 4th of July. After getting a full night's rest, I got up and fed the boys breakfast. They played in their room and then started getting restless. We had a flyover around 9am from either Buckley AFB or the Academy down south. Either way it woke Janna up. I took the boys to the gym with me and they played cars and kicked a ball around the place. Around 2pm our friends, the Dickmans and Stanclifts came over. We went swimming at the pool for a couple of hours and then went back to our place for a BBQ. We grilled steak, burgers, hot dogs, and corn on the cob.
The food was great and the entertainment was non-stop. I got the crowd hooked on a new show on ABC called Traveler. We have all 6 episodes DVR'd and we were able to watch them all. It is better than 24 or any of the other shows on TV right now. Hopefully they'll keep it going after the summer. If you are looking for a good show on tv, check out Traveler on www.abc.com. You can watch the pilot episode on the website.
We went to see the fireworks and on the way there we saw about 5 other fireworks displays around town. Rusty didn't like them because they were too loud. He hid behind me and wouldn't come out. Just about every city in the metro area has their own fireworks display. Next year if we are here I think the way to go is get up above the city line and watch them all. Hopefully we will be at the beach house though.
On a side note, Monday night we went bowling again and it was the first opportunity to use my new ball and shoes. I had to change the board I start from as well as my target. The first 2 games I was all over the place, but by the end of the 2nd game I was starting to dial it in. The 3rd game I rolled 6-9's in a row, 8 in the game. So I am starting to feel it. I like the new ball and the shoes will get better as I break them in. Janna thought it was funny that I was bowling so well with the house ball last time and so poorly this time. I didn't find it funny at all.
Rusty got confused as to what holiday we were celebrating...
The food was great and the entertainment was non-stop. I got the crowd hooked on a new show on ABC called Traveler. We have all 6 episodes DVR'd and we were able to watch them all. It is better than 24 or any of the other shows on TV right now. Hopefully they'll keep it going after the summer. If you are looking for a good show on tv, check out Traveler on www.abc.com. You can watch the pilot episode on the website.
We went to see the fireworks and on the way there we saw about 5 other fireworks displays around town. Rusty didn't like them because they were too loud. He hid behind me and wouldn't come out. Just about every city in the metro area has their own fireworks display. Next year if we are here I think the way to go is get up above the city line and watch them all. Hopefully we will be at the beach house though.
On a side note, Monday night we went bowling again and it was the first opportunity to use my new ball and shoes. I had to change the board I start from as well as my target. The first 2 games I was all over the place, but by the end of the 2nd game I was starting to dial it in. The 3rd game I rolled 6-9's in a row, 8 in the game. So I am starting to feel it. I like the new ball and the shoes will get better as I break them in. Janna thought it was funny that I was bowling so well with the house ball last time and so poorly this time. I didn't find it funny at all.
Rusty got confused as to what holiday we were celebrating...


No comments:
Post a Comment